The Program Coordinator reports to the Director of Programs and works closely with the Workforce
Training Program Instructors and the Construction Department. Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage outreach and intake processes to ensure that eligible participants are successfully
enrolled in the program.
• Process applications and verify that applicants meet the eligibility criteria; keep applicants
informed regarding the status of their application.
• Schedule and conduct screening interviews and math tests; take notes during panel-style
interviews and correct exams
• Develop program materials, maintain relationships with nonprofit partners, and represent the
organization at community meetings.
• Research and conduct outreach to new community partners and meet with them regularly to
maintain an ongoing list of relevant resources and ensure successful program referrals.
• Analyze data and make recommendations on the program’s outreach and intake processes to
ensure the success of applicants in our program and subsequent job placements.
• Coordinate with the Workforce Training Program team to manage the training calendar,
schedule classroom activities, and provide administrative support to the Instructors, including
preparing materials for day one and graduation.
• Track participant attendance and draft dismissal, attendance, and disciplinary letters as
• Order program supplies and enter them into our inventory system.
• Write and send out a bimonthly workforce training program newsletter to update graduates on
upcoming opportunities in the construction field.
• Garner resources for the organization and participate in fundraising activities as needed.
• Commitment to the economic stability of low-income New York City residents.
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to communicate in clear and encouraging language with a diverse community and staff
• Close attention to detail
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently
• Organized and adept at multi-tasking
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Comfortability speaking publicly and presenting to large groups
• Commitment to professional ethics in working with confidential, sensitive information
• Experience working in the nonprofit sector, preferably in an organization focused on workforce
• Familiarity with Salesforce preferred