WE ARE HAVING OUR MONTHLY LOCAL LEADERS MEETING
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 28TH, 6:00PM ONLINE VIA ZOOM.
PLEASE SEE THE ZOOM LOGIN INFORMATION BELOW:Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85833244042?pwd=cUNxNGtraWZVZHhwbjZRd2V5M0NmUT09 Meeting ID: 858 3324 4042 Passcode: 946459 One tap mobile +19292056099,,85833244042#,,,,*946459# US (New York)
The New York City Housing Authority is building back safer, stronger and smarter by improving structural resiliency and infrastructure protection at Red Hook Houses. NYCHA’s Recovery and Resilience Department (R&R) is pushing design boundaries in building reinforcements, storm surge protection, and infrastructure upgrades. Below, please find the latest R&R construction update for Red Hook Houses. To learn more about the R&R program visit https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nycha/about/recovery-resiliency.page
Power Plant & Pods Phase Percentage Completion: 65%
Project Start: Q4 2019
Anticipated Completion: Q2 2024
• Installation of new compactors at the new trash collection area by the West Pod near building 1W (135 Richards)
• Installation of site lighting posts and conduit throughout the site
o The new site lighting will be brighter and more energy efficient
• Installation of curtain wall, façade panels, staircases, and water line connections in the East Plant
o The East Plant will hold standby generators and boiler equipment above the flood level to provide full backup power and heat to NYCHA Red Hook buildings
• Installation of new play areas throughout the campus
• Restoration of pathways and sidewalks sitewide
• Replacement of building main doors throughout the campus
• Construction of lily pad passive flood protection measures, including passive flood barriers, throughout the site
o The flood protection measures will help keep water out of flood-prone areas during a storm
• Basement floodproofing work throughout the site to protect flood-prone areas
o All basements except for building 6 (62 Mill Street) are expected to be completed by the end of 2023
• Water service interruption at buildings 1E, 2E, 3E, and 4E on September 6, 2023 from 8 am to 6 pm
o Residents were notified of the outage via phone calls and flyer postings
• Tree and shrub plantings throughout the site
• NYCHA’s Pest Management Department has been conducting regular visits to Red Hook to install and/or service bait stations, collapse rodent burrows, and close gaps in building basements to reduce the rodent population on site.
o Additionally, the Sandy contractor has continued to install and/or service bait stations, collapse rat burrows every week, and clean the construction work zones daily.