ATTEND THIS PUBLIC MEETING TO RECEIVE UPDATES ON THE CLEANUP PROCESS!
CLEANUP TO START AT BALL FIELDS 5-8:
The New York City Department of Parks and Recreation (NYC Parks) will be cleaning up Red Hook Park Ball Fields 5-8 and 9, under U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) oversight. Some of the soil on these fields is contaminated with lead from a historic secondary lead smelting facility known as the Columbia Smelting and Refining Works (Columbia)
Follow the link here for more information regarding the clean up.
If you would like to receive updates for Ball Fields 5 through 9 directly via mail or email, please contact Natalie Loney at (212) 637-3639 or email@example.com. EPA has established an Information Repository at the Red Hook Branch of the Brooklyn Public Library, where the public can review and copy records related to EPA’s investigation and the cleanup of Ball Fields 5-8 and 9.
Kids Bible Lesson, Arts, Games, Snacks etc. Hosted by Redemption Church. Redemption Church Red Hook will be hosting its 3rd Annual VBS in the Park on July 17-19th @6pm in Coffey Park. Bring out your kids, your neighbors kids, your family kids and every kid you know in the community. This 3-Day Vacation Bible School (VBS) will have Bible Lessons, Games, Arts, Snacks and a Special Ceremony for all participants and their families. Here is a great way to connect with other families as well a build community. Hope to see you there!!!
Where: NYCHA FARM Red Hook West Houses, Brooklyn (near 30 Wolcott Street)
Description How to use common herbs for lotions and other recipes. For more information, see www.greencityforce.org/farmsatNYCHA/ For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
The Program Coordinator reports to the Director of Programs and works closely with the Workforce
Training Program Instructors and the Construction Department. Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage outreach and intake processes to ensure that eligible participants are successfully
enrolled in the program.
• Process applications and verify that applicants meet the eligibility criteria; keep applicants
informed regarding the status of their application.
• Schedule and conduct screening interviews and math tests; take notes during panel-style
interviews and correct exams
• Develop program materials, maintain relationships with nonprofit partners, and represent the
organization at community meetings.
• Research and conduct outreach to new community partners and meet with them regularly to
maintain an ongoing list of relevant resources and ensure successful program referrals.
• Analyze data and make recommendations on the program’s outreach and intake processes to
ensure the success of applicants in our program and subsequent job placements.
• Coordinate with the Workforce Training Program team to manage the training calendar,
schedule classroom activities, and provide administrative support to the Instructors, including
preparing materials for day one and graduation.
• Track participant attendance and draft dismissal, attendance, and disciplinary letters as
• Order program supplies and enter them into our inventory system.
• Write and send out a bimonthly workforce training program newsletter to update graduates on
upcoming opportunities in the construction field.
• Garner resources for the organization and participate in fundraising activities as needed.
• Commitment to the economic stability of low-income New York City residents.
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to communicate in clear and encouraging language with a diverse community and staff
• Close attention to detail
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently
• Organized and adept at multi-tasking
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Comfortability speaking publicly and presenting to large groups
• Commitment to professional ethics in working with confidential, sensitive information
• Experience working in the nonprofit sector, preferably in an organization focused on workforce
• Familiarity with Salesforce preferred
We are looking to have at least 3 volunteers for each day of work from 10am-2pm, Sunday-Friday starting immediately. Volunteer shifts will be at Cora’s new home at 358 Van Brunt Street unless confirmed otherwise. PLEASE RESPOND WITH TIMES THAT WORK FOR YOU and please share this email with your friends and family who are interested in getting involved.
Having a car is always a plus. You do not need to be a skilled builder, just able to take directions and get dirty. We will soon be laying studio floor, staining and finishing office and lounge floors, painting walls and moving boxes in. We still have a goal to open registration on August 27th in the new space! WE NEED YOURS AND YOUR FRIENDS’ HELP TO MAKE THIS POSSIBLE.
SCHEDULE YOUR VOLUNTEER DAY TODAY! :)
When: Mon & Tue at 3:00 pm, from July 9, 2018 until July 10, 2018
Girls Who Code, When Mon, July 9, 3pm – 5pm Where Red Hook Library, 7 Wolcott St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, USA
3. Tech Time When Mon, July 9 to 13, 3:30pm – 4:30pm Where Red Hook Library, 7 Wolcott St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, USA Description Tech Time - Play Fortnight, PS4, XBox, and more.
4. Family Zumba When Tue, July 10, 4pm – 5pm Where Red Hook Library, 7 Wolcott St, Brooklyn, NY 11231
We are looking for a quick study/ fast learner who is interested in the welding industry. Any retail, sales or welding experience is a plus but will train extensively in all areas with the right candidate. We are looking for professional customer service, a detailed oriented individual that is self-reliant.
Job responsibilities include:
Customer Service/Inside Sales (Assisting Store Manager)
Assisting with daily sales transactions
Processing and maintaining inventory control
Merchandising store products
Customer service in store and on the phone
Dock Assistant (Assisting Dock Manager)
· Customer service with cylinders exchange
· Loading and unloading cylinders on delivery trucks
· Assisting in inventory management
Hours are 7:30 am- 4:30 pm with one hour for lunch. Pay starts at $14.00 per hour while training (approx. 3-6 months) Benefits include, healthcare, 401K, paid life insurance, paid holiday, vacation and sick days. To inquire more about the position, please contact Michael Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the Red Hook Flicks series, see movies on the water and under the watch of Lady Liberty. Presented by Pioneer Works and in association with Red Hook Community Justice Center.
The film schedule runs every Tuesday night from July 10 to August 28 on Valentino Pier in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Please bring a low chair or blanket.
July 10: Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
July 17: Creed
July 24: Captain Underpants
July 31: Roadhouse
August 7: Hairspray (1988)
August 14: Silence of the Lambs
August 21: Coco
August 28: Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb