Assess your risk. Receive a grant. Protect your business. Apply for an NYC Small Business Services Risk & Preparedness Grant Today!
Was your business impacted by Superstorm Sandy? If so, you may be eligible for an on-site, one-on-one risk assessment through the NYC Department of Small Business Services. Their team of experts will come to your place of business to:
1. Review your physical space, operations, and insurance coverage
2. Make recommendations and provide you with a customized report on how you can be better prepared for future business interruptions
Following the assessment, you can receive a grant of up to $3,000 to buy items and equipment recommended for your business, such as a wireless Point-of-Sale system, fireproof storage containers, and portable generators. To qualify:
– Your small business needs to have been registered and in operation at the time of the storm in October 2012
– Your business must have been impacted by flooding or power outage as a result of the storm
– Your business must still be located in the Sandy flood or power outage zone
Visit nyc.gov/businessprep or call 311 for more information and to apply.