Wait what's happening?
RHI Works will employ 10 young adults to further the work of the public safety Committee, design youth-centered public safety programs, create an inventory of resources for returning citizens, and open opportunities to lift young adult voices in formal community/ civic spaces, all with a lens of reducing police violence. This will be a two-year project slated to begin in December 2020. Organizers will work 15 hours per week. An additional 20 will be hired for the 2022 year. The group will begin meeting in April 2021.
Who is this for?
Any young person between the ages of 18 and 24 who currently lives, or has previously lived in the Red Hook area.Join Zoom Meeting https://us04web.zoom.us/j/76940271233?pwd=NHZtZDkvcXp5aFpXWlVMY1pZOHFYUT09 Meeting ID: 769 4027 1233 Passcode: coffeypark
EPA project page: https://www.epa.gov/ny/cleanup-columbia-smelting-refining-works-red-hook-brooklyn-new-york
NYC Parks project page: https://www.nycgovparks.org/about/whats-happening/red-hook-park-remediation
NYC Parks capital tracker: https://www.nycgovparks.org/planning-and-building/capital-project-tracker#Brooklyn
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87304989002?pwd=RW1qTEhlUjl1anV1a2c4ZHQwMHZEUT09
Meeting ID: 873 0498 9002
Passcode: 751141 One tap mobile +19292056099,,87304989002#,,,,,,0#,,751141#
US (New York) +13017158592,,87304989002#,,,,,,0#,,751141#US (Washington D.C)
Pioneer Works is a groundbreaking cultural center located in Red Hook, Brooklyn with a mission of building community through the arts and sciences in order to create an open and inspired world. Through extensive exhibitions, programs and residencies with artists, scientists, musicians, writers and technologists, we seek to make culture accessible to all. To learn more, visit http://pioneerworks.org
We are driven by the realization that humanity is facing unprecedented social, intellectual, and spiritual challenges; our programs explore new ways of facing those challenges by using the arts and sciences dynamically as both a lens and catalyst. When humanity comes together and combines the ideas and talents of many, we have the ability to engineer what once appeared to be impossible.
Pioneer Works seeks a Part-Time Custodian to join our Facilities Team. The chief responsibility is to work with our Facilities Maintenance Manager to keep our 3-story, 25,000 square foot building and garden functioning in a clean, orderly manner on a daily basis. This work includes cleaning the space, minor repairs, and general maintenance.
The position is part time and may require early morning and late evening hours (including weekends). Currently, our building remains open to our artists-in-residence, but is closed to the public. We plan to re-open in the spring, following all COVID-19 safety guidelines as provided by the city and state.
The Part Time Custodian is a 30/hrs per week position, with a starting wage of $19/hr.
● Ensure the repair and maintenance needs of the organization are covered;
● Work with Facilities team to perform manual tasks, including but not limited to:
○ Cleaning and servicing indoor spaces, including but not limited to dusting, sweeping, vacuuming and mopping;
○ Cleaning and servicing outdoor spaces, including but not limited to snow removal, event preparation, general maintenance;
○ Basic repairs
● Work with Facilities team to ensure enforcement around COVID-19 cleaning protocols.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive. The custodian will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the position.
● 1-3 years of experience in a custodial role
● Candidates should be highly organized with ability to problem solve
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace and Slack preferred
● Demonstrated knowledge and experience with commercial cleaning equipment and materials used in public building cleaning.
● Ability to maintain a flexible schedule and being on-call for unanticipated issues as well as filling in for maintenance crew when needed
● Moderate physical effort will be required, including bending, pushing, pulling and ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Pioneer Works is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Pioneer Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com w/ “Custodian_[Applicant Name]” in subject heading. Let us know you found this posting on the Hub! Please do not call to inquire about your application. We will be in contact with you if your application fits the position.