WE ARE HAVING OUR MONTHLY LOCAL LEADERS MEETING
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 28TH, 6:00PM ONLINE VIA ZOOM.
PLEASE SEE THE ZOOM LOGIN INFORMATION BELOW:Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85833244042?pwd=cUNxNGtraWZVZHhwbjZRd2V5M0NmUT09 Meeting ID: 858 3324 4042 Passcode: 946459 One tap mobile +19292056099,,85833244042#,,,,*946459# US (New York)
Job Title: K-12 Education Coordinator
Department: Learn & Engage
Supervisor: K-12 Education Manager
Part Time or Full Time: PT
Average Hours Worked Per Week: 24
Start Date: January 1st, 2023
Pioneer Works is an admission-free cultural center in Brooklyn, New York dedicated to experimentation, education, and production across the disciplines of art, science, music, and technology.
Pioneer Works is seeking a K-12 Education Coordinator to support the growth and development of the organization’s STEAM education programs. They will work closely with our Learn and Engage team to assist in the overall operations of the department, reporting directly to the K-12 Education Manager. The ideal candidate has at least 2 years of experience working with K-12 students and community-driven organizations, with excellent classroom management skills, excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for youth engagement. The K-12 Education Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with school tour group logistics, developing and coordinating monthly community programs for K-12 audiences and families, and acting as a departmental liaison between educators and internal team members. Some weekend hours will be required based on the program schedule.
● Provide the K-12 Education Manager with operational, administrative, and strategic programming support
● Serve as the internal point person and address email, phone and in-person inquiries from educators
● Coordinate monthly Second Sunday youth and family based activations
● Manage contracts and invoices for K-12 program educators
● Procure and oversee the inventory of materials for K-12 programs
● Track department expenses and receipts
● Distribute and collect educator and student surveys to support program evaluation
● Support K-12 Education Manager and educators in the development and execution of school programs and school tours
● Collaborate on Community Outreach activations and tabling events throughout the year
● Track attendance for K-12 programs and distribute reports as requested
● Perform other duties as needed
● BA in art, education or related field of practice
● At least 2 years of experience coordinating K-12 programs and working in
● Excellent classroom management skills, interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for youth
● Demonstrated interest in interdisciplinary programming and commitment to youth
A successful candidate will have:
● Excellent writing and communication skills
● Experience and interest in working with the public
● Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
● Experience managing multiple projects at once and adhering to deadlines
● Experience and interest in working in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment
● Experience scheduling with multiple parties
● Experience working with public and/or charter schools preferred
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Range: $24-$27/hour
Pioneer Works offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K with a company match, a hybrid work environment, and a generous PTO policy.
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com w/ “K-12 Education Coordinator”_[Applicant Name]” in the subject heading. Please do not call to inquire about your application. Should you match our needs, we will be in contact with you.
Pioneer Works is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve.
Pioneer Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.